28 November 2018 | UK NEWS
Leading the agenda:
– Pundits are starting to state with authority that May will lose the vote on her Brexit Withdrawal Agreement.
– The vote on her Brexit deal is scheduled for 11th December, with debates commencing from 4th December.
– Government has published economic analysis of varying Brexit possibilities, it claims May’s deal offers similar benefits to a Norway-style agreement.
– Britain is close to agreeing a comprehensive aviation agreement with the US.
– Trump has claimed May’s deal is a “great deal for the EU”: May has rejected these claims.
– Hammond has stated any form of Brexit will make the UK poorer.
– The International Trade Committee to publish a report on the UK’s future trading relationships with developing countries.
– Business Secretary Greg Clark to announce increased funding for artificial intelligence in the insurance and law sectors.
– May to meet Nicola Sturgeon today.
– Tory peer Baroness Trumpington has died at the age of 96.
– UKIP politician Patrick O’Flynn has defected to the SDP.
– The EU is aiming to become the first major climate neutral economy by 2050.