30 November 2018 | UK NEWS
Leading the agenda:
– Argentinian Leader Mauricio Macri opens G20 Summit in Buenos Aires today with Theresa May in attendance.
– Trade Secretary Liam Fox to endorse May’s Brexit deal and lobby Tory Eurosceptic to support it.
– Facebook has started to enforce tighter rules for political advertising on its platform.
– Government will allow 6 amendments to be tabled on May’s Brexit plan.
– May has refused to rule out a second Parliamentary vote on her Brexit deal if the first one fails.
– Business Secretary Greg Clark increases funding for disease treatment and prevention.
– Increasing unrest in PLP over the prospect of a second referendum with Corbyn at odds with many of his MPs.
– Cross-bench group of Remain supporting MPs led by Hilary Benn are calling on Parliament to reject both May’s deal and no deal.
– Think Tank Civitas claims the UK must fund new tech to meet its low-carbon needs.
– Report by Local Government Association finds number of children at risk of FGM has doubled over the last year.
– More Scottish people have been applying for Irish citizenship.
– Chairman of HS2 Terry Morgan to be sacked.