3 December 2018 | UK NEWS
Leading the agenda:
– Attorney General Geoffrey Cox to give a statement on legal advice given to the Cabinet.
– Labour have warned of a constitutional crisis if May does not publish the full legal advice on her Brexit deal.
– UK Government to reveal £1bn investment into life sciences next week.
– Archbishop of Canterbury has called for more civil political debate.
– Government set to release immigration white paper this week. The Government want to reduce low skilled migration. Sajid Javid opposes the plan.
– Shadow Chancellor John McDonnell to speak on social mobility, opportunity and equality at the IPPR think tank.
– IPPR North think tank to publish ‘2018 State of the North’ report.
– UKIP Leader Gerard Batten survives a vote of no confidence.
– May and Corbyn to debate the Brexit deal head to head on the BBC.
– Kate Osamor resigns as Shadow Minister after assaulting a journalist.
– Shadow Brexit Secretary Kier Starmer has said Labour will seek a no confidence vote followed by a second referendum if May’s deal fails to pass Parliament.